Many people aren’t aware that the electrical plugs in the United States are different from ones in different countries like Antigua .
It’s true! When you plug an electronic device into the wall in the United States and North America, the electricity coming out of the wall is 110 volts. Your appliances are designed for these outlets, but if you want to travel to Antigua with your own electronics, and they aren’t dual-voltage, you’ll have to get a voltage converter .
If you’re planning on doing this, you have to find out what kind of converter you will need. Look at the appliance you plan on bringing, and it should have the wattage written on it. This is important because the voltage converter you purchase should have a wattage rating that is at least 25% higher than the appliance. This will ensure that your voltage converter lasts as long as possible. Sometimes the wattage isn’t listed in plain sight; in this scenario, find the amp and the voltage, and multiply them. The number you get will be the wattage.
However, in some cases, you might not need a voltage converter . Some appliances are dual-voltage. These electronics, instead of listing only 110v or only 220v as their voltage, will list both 110v and 220v. For these appliances, you don’t need a voltage converter . However, North America is one of few countries that uses flat pronged plugs, so in most cases you will need a plug adapter in order to fit your plugs into the foreign outlets. The Bahamas, Costa Rica, and El Salvador are all places that use the same kind of plugs as the United States. But most other places, including Antigua , Portugal, and Ireland, use plugs that are shaped differently.

Antigua plug adapter
Antigua voltage converter