- American 110 Volts Step up to American 220 Volts Power Tap for USA-CANADA Use
- Deluxe Automatic Voltage Regulator, Step Up & Down Voltage Converter Transformer (CE Approved)
- Japan Step Up and Step Down Converter - Transformer
- Light Weight Compact Unit - Step Up & Down Converter - Transformer
- Step Down Voltage Converter - Transformer
- Step Up & Down Voltage Converter - Transformer
- Step Up & Down Voltage Converter - Transformer with Meter
- Step Up & Down Voltage Regulator Converters
- Step Up - Down Voltage Converter Transformer
- Travel Converters
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS - 220 Volt Power Battery Backup System)
- Voltage Converter Transformer For Electronic Items
Voltage Converters also known as Power Transformers
North America operates on 110V to 120v electric current, whereas most countries in the world run on 220V, 230V and even as high as 240V . So if you wish to use your U.S. or Canadian 110 items overseas, your appliances will require a voltage converter, sometimes called a power transformer.
Voltage Converters will change the power of 110 volts into 220 volts, or 220 volts into 110 volts. Which is referred to as Step Up or Step Down voltage converters. Whether you are a seasoned world traveler or going overseas for the first time, you will need a 220 volts to 110 volts voltage converter.
Most items, such as hair dryers, electric shavers, irons, coffee makers, TVs, Home Theaters, or DVD players, require 110 Volts of power to operate in the U.S. or Canada, so if you are someone that wants to take one of these devices overseas you will need to purchase a converter. If you plug in the device as-is it will possibly burn out or lead to power failure, or even more serious damage to the device, you, and or the socket.
Voltage converters and voltage transformers are available in different wattage combinations: converters are available from 50 to 1600 watts. Transformers are available from 1 to 100 watts, 200 watts, even 300 watts and stronger. Your transformer will either step up and down the power (change 110 / 240 volt electricity into 240 / 110 volts) or or simply step it down (change 220 volts to 110 volts) so you can safely run your appliance. It will cause your device to run at the speed that it was designed to, and give you the safety and comfort of your familiar appliances no matter where you are in the world.
And there’s no harm in going above what you need: you should know that you will never damage your appliance if you use a higher wattage transformer. The danger lies in buying a transformer that isn’t powerful enough—it could damage your items or simply not work. It’s better to be safe than sorry, so don’t just get the exact minimum that you need to power your device. Instead aim to have about a 25% higher wattage than necessary.
Some popular brand names for voltage converters (Voltage Transformer) and adapters include Regvolt, Seven Star, and Simran. Feel free to explore our pages for even more help and advice, and browse our selection today to find the correct voltage converters for your needs!