e024e233c749303e 640 outlet

Whether you are an American looking for a change of scenery in Europe, a student studying abroad for an extended period of time, or a member of the military, getting adjusted to living overseas can be overwhelming. One of the main problems that trips up those moving to a new country is power conversion. The fact is, when you go on a vacation in your home country, it is easy to grab your chargers and have everything you need. However, moving overseas requires you to learn about various voltages and the types of power outlets you will find so that you can get the necessary adapters and converters. Voltage converters allow you to use your devices purchased in North America overseas and should be at the top of your list of needs for moving overseas.

Plug Shapes and Outlet Sizes

The first thing that you will notice when traveling outside of the United States is that the shapes and sizes of outlets can vary from country to country. For example, you will find that you need a different type of plug for North America, Europe, the UK, Australia, and Africa. Some countries offer crossover, where you can use the same plug to charge your devices. However, you can see that moving to a new country and visiting other countries after you move can create a predicament if you do not have the right types of chargers.

When you are in the process of moving, be sure to create a checklist and know which converter you need to buy in order to get your phone, computer and other electricity-powered items to work in your new home. Learn more about converters and other items you will need for your move overseas by contacting a representative at Overseas Best Buy today at (800) 827-9978.

European Outlets