Adapter Index By Country
Outlet Plug Type I, Outlets, Voltage, Plug Type I, AS 3112 Australian 10 A/240 V, Australian Plug
Type I Power Outlet
Countries the use Type I Plug and outlet
Type I Plug Adapter and power Outlet descriptionThe Type I plugs and plug adapters are composed of 3 flat prongs. The two prongs at the top are positioned in a inverted V shape, while the ground prong it's located below and in between the live and neutral prong,placed horizontally. Type I outlets are designed with 3 slits arranged to received type I plugs only.
|American Samoa, Argentina, Australia, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guatemala, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Okinawa, Papua New Guinea, St. Vincent, Samoa, Tajikistan, Tonga, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu.|
Type I Plugs and plug adapters
- Type I plugs can be found in grounded and non-grounded versions as well as 15, 20, 25 and 32 Amp capacities.The plug adapters depicted bellow are rated, 10A at 250V and 15A at 125V
- Designed with 3 blades (Live, neutral, ground) arranged in a arrow shape
- Very common in countries mainly in Australia and New Zealand, these plugs are also known as AS 3112
- Different amp ratings are determined by the size of the grounding blade. Lower ampage plugs will fit in higher ampage outlets but not the other way around for safety reasons.The plug adapters available bellow will fit in ANY Type I outlet due to it's low ampage ratings (10A)
Plug Adapters for Type I, AS 3112 Australian 10 A/240 V, Australian Plug
Type I Power outlet
- Although Type H power outlets have 3 slit receptacles for Type I plugs, it will also accept the non-grounded version of this plug, usually utilized on double-insulated appliances and electronics.
- Most wall outlets Type I contain a security switch, similar to the one used in UK style outlets.
- The diameter of the grounded slit varies according to the power ratings of the outlet (10,15,20,25 or 32 amps)
- The power outlets displayed bellow are universal, which means it will accept several different types of plugs including Type I
Outlets for Type I, AS 3112 Australian 10 A/240 V, Australian Plug
Type I Power cords
- Permits the plug-in of electronic items into a Type I power outlet
- Rated for 10A 250 Volts can be used on Computers and monitor with a detacheable power cord.
- Remember : Power cords are an alternative for plug adapters, and do not convert electricity.
Power cord for Type I
TYPE I plugs and outlets(Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Argentina)
Type I plugs and plug adapters 3 blades live, neutral and ground arranged in the shape of an arrow. where the 2 top prongs serve as live and neutral and the bottom vertical prong it's used as ground. A non-grounded version of this plug it's also used in double insulated equipment.standard measurement of the live and neutral blades are 6.5 by 1.6 mm. The measurements of the ground blade varies according to the power ratings of the plug. Lower power rated plugs will fit in higher rated power sockets but not vice-versa. Type I plugs can also be used in some locations of continental China.
Type H power outlets are designed with 3 flat shaped receptacles arranged to receive grounded and non-grounded Type I plugs.Similar power outlet can also be found in continental china although these receptacles are designed to receive plugs that are 1mm longer than the Australian standard, which makes these chines style plugs not suited for Type I outlets.
Type I plugs and outlets are used in quite a few countries such as :American Samoa, Argentina, Australia, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Guatemala, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Okinawa, Papua New Guinea, St. Vincent, Samoa, Tajikistan, Tonga, Uruguay, Uzbekistan and Vanuatu.