lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


Travel Converters

If you plan on traveling overseas there are many unique aspects about different parts of the world. While most recognize the difference in cuisine, culture and architecture most do not think about electrical currents and circuitry. If you do not want to damage your equipment you will want to see if they are 110 to 220 volts compatible. Before hopping on an airplane you will want to see our video to determine if you need a travel voltage converter or plug adapter. Instead of letting this problem arise when you land at your destination it is best to plan ahead. When looking for a travel voltage converter or the correct plug adapter that will work your your appliances and electrical devices look no further than 10220volts.com. You can call us at 800-827-9978.

Travel voltage converters when going on trips overseas!

Travel Voltage converter
  • Travel Voltage Converter for small electronic equipment.
  • For use with such items: Electric Toothbrush, Player, & Shavers
  • Hi setting: Hairdryer, Curlers, & Straighteners
Starts From:
Shop Now
Compact voltage converter for travel
  • Can change 220Volt to 110 Volt
  • Continues use 24/7 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
  • For use with electronics up to 500 watts
  • Small size starting at 2.5 inches
  • Lightweight starting 1.4 lbs
Shop Now
If you are traveling with an electric razor, a video game console and a hair dryer it would make sense to buy a travel voltage converter that can support up to 1650 watts or more. There is no reason to try and cut it close when it comes to electricity. You should see the video below to determine how many watts your equipment consumes, some hair dryer's can use up to 2000 watts. Read More

Traveling with Your iPhone, Android, iPad or Laptop

In today’s day and age of advanced technology most people cannot go a day or two without access to the Internet. They travel with their iPhone, Android smartphone, iPad or laptop. Some will take all of these devices as tourists will see others with an iPhone plugged into a MacBook that is also charging an iPad. This is not uncommon.

You can watch our quick video or read on

Luckily, for most of these products, are already made to handle the range of voltages different outlets emit across the world. For example, all cell phone charger here says 110-240v. So it can handle the entire range of different voltages. It can not, on the other hand, fit into any plug outlet across the world. It needs a plug adapter. There are over 8 different types of plugs across the world, so we recommend you research what types the country you are visiting, uses.

Plug adapters for Travel
  • The US/Japan/China plug (E.g. Univ-6)
  • The UK plug (E.g. Univ-7)
  • The Australia/China plug (E.g. Univ-17)
  • The Common European plug (E.g. Univ-9)
  • The South American plug (E.g. Univ-9A)
Shop Now
Worldwide Plug Adapter Kit
  • 2 Grounded plug adapter
  • 2 Non-Grounded plug adapter
  • Travel Carrying Pouch
Note: Some countries have multiple types of outlet. So we include one of each type

Shop Now

With people attracted to their internet devices it is very important to consider getting more then just one plug adapter, our travel plug adapter kit can help you use more of your devices at the same time. We have one for every country in the world. If you want your smartphone or tablet to remain charged throughout your entire trip you will need our kit.
Read More

If You Plan on Moving Overseas

If you are making a permanent move you will definitely want a step down voltage converter/transformer . During your first year or two in a new country you will likely bring your own home appliances and electronic devices. Over time there is a good chance you will purchase items in that country but it will take some time. You will save a lot of money by purchasing a voltage converter or transformer before you make the move. Stepping down from 220v to 110v is what it will take for Americans traveling overseas with their electrical items. Take the time to check the wattage on your appliance or electronics device and feel free to give us a call so we can explain the options that are available. Reach out to us at 800-827-9978.
Voltage converter buying guide

Step Down Voltage Converters
  • Step Down 220v-240v to 110 Volts
  • Use with 110v/120v Volt Appliances
  • Use North American Products Overseas
  • 17 Available Sizes up to 20,000 watts!
Shop Now
Travel Converters
  • Step Down 220v-240v to 110 Volts
  • Step Up 110v-120v to 220-240 Volts
  • Fuse protection against any overloading or overheating
  • 30 Available Sizes up to 20,000 watts!
Shop Now
Step Down Voltage Converters
  • Voltage Regulator - Transformer Converter Step Up and Down
  • Changes 220/240 Volt (Foreign Electricity) to 110/120 Volt (U.S. Electricity)or 110/120 Volt (U.S. Electricity) to 220/240 Volt (Foreign Electricity)
  • Heavy duty transformer for continuous use
  • 12 Available Sizes up to 20,000 watts!
Shop Now
Get these travel converters for your trip!

13 Item(s)

per page

13 Item(s)

per page

Finding Watts or Amps when Buying a Travel Voltage Converter

Generally speaking, in North America and parts of northern South America standard outlets deliver 110v to 120v. Almost all electronics and appliances bought in these parts of the world are built to use 110v to 120v of electricity. If you take these appliances or electronics to Europe or Asia you will find that not only are the plugs different but the voltage is between 210v to 220v. This means you will need a step down voltage transformer converter. You are decreasing, or stepping down, the voltage from 210v or 220v to 110v or 120v therefore you will not damage your appliance. If you do not use a voltage converter you risk even further damage than simply ruining your appliance or electronics device. You could electrocute yourself or someone around you.

Rather than risking your life we strongly suggest purchasing a travel voltage converter for your trip overseas.

Before purchasing a voltage converter for your electrical equipment you will want to check the watts or amps used. You can use our finding watts or amps guide to learn more. Not every appliance or electrical device uses the same amount of watts. Voltage converters are rated by their wattage capacity. You will want a voltage converter that can handle at least 50 percent more watts than needed due to surge periods. Items that often have electrical surges include televisions and hair dryers.

Travel Voltage Converters

Electrical systems around the world are different, which means that you cannot plug in your American travel hair dryer into an outlet at a hotel in Europe. To overcome this problem, you need travel converters. These small converters transfer the voltage coming out of the outlet into one that your appliance can use.

You may need more than one type of travel voltage converter while traveling overseas. The types you need depend on where your appliances are from and where you are going. For instance, if you bring appliances from with you from Asia or Europe and are traveling to the United States, you will need a 110 to 220 volt travel converter to step up the power from the 110 volt outlet to 220 volts. When using European or Asian outlets with American or Canadian appliances, you will need a 110 to 220 converter that steps down the voltage. For world travelers, sets of Step Up and Down Voltage Converter are available to save you the hassle of keeping up with individual converters, but you are also free to purchase only the converters you will need for your trip instead of a set.

Besides transforming the voltage that reaches your appliance from the outlet, small converters also let you use any outlet around the world, even if your plug will not normally fit. When you plug your appliance into the front of a converter, the back of the converter has the proper prong orientation for the outlets in the region you are visiting. Collections of international converters make traveling anywhere with your appliances easier because you will have the tools you need to adapt your appliance to any outlet. If you need a specific converter, you will need to check the region it is designed to be used in to ensure that it will fit the outlets when you reach your destination.

For your travel voltage transformer to work properly, it must accommodate the wattage the appliance draws. You will need a higher wattage travel converter if you will use it with a hair dryer, for instance, which typically will draw at least 1000 watts--and even 1500 watts or more if you use the hair dryer's high heat setting. Your radio or shaver, however, may need only 10-30 watts, but if you want to take a video game console on your next overseas trip, keep in mind that it may use up to 200 watts of electricity. Before you buy a converter, make sure that it is compatible with all of the appliances you are taking on your trip.

When traveling to a foreign country these tiny tools will keep you from being let down by outlets that your laptop charger, hair dryer, and other appliance plugs will not fit in. Be prepared for your next trip: Before you start packing and checking your passport, order your travel voltage transformers from 110220Volts to have what you need to use your favorite electronics and appliances wherever you go.