There are three easy step anyone can follow to determine the most appropriate voltage converter for his/her needs:
- Before you choose a voltage converter you need to determine the voltage.
- Usually the voltage is either 110 volts or 220 volts.
- Determining your voltage is easy as know your geographical location.
- Since most North America uses 110 volts while most of the rest world including Europe, Asia, Africa or South America uses 220 volts.
- With the knowledge of volts present all that is remaining is knowing the amount of watts. Most genuine products have should have a label or within the product’s manual there should be information clearly explaining the amount of watts needed for your product.
|The labels are mostly located on the back of the items|
- Watts may be abbreviated as W on your appliance. However if you can’t find Watts or W on the label of your appliance, then you may be able to find Amps, also known as amperage or A. This can be converted to Watts in order to select the correct converter
- If the information is only represented amps use this simple equation (amps x volts = watts)
e.g. 10 amps x 100 volts = 1000 Watts
- Identify whether you need a step up or step down voltage convertor? – with the knowledge of volts and watts you need to find out if you need a step up or a step down converter.
we highly recommended you buy a converter with a certain percentage higher wattage capability especially when using motorized equipment such as kitchen appliances We recommend you double the wattage.
(Ex. If your product says 1,100 Watts, then should purchase a converter made for at least2, 200 watts.)
All other electronics: We recommend a converter with a 30% higher wattage capability.
This is important because in doing so, you greatly minimize your chances of overloading the converter, all the while making sure you get your money’s worth because this will help to extend the life of your voltage converter , transformer, or regulator.
With all that knowledge now may a choice on which voltage converter, transformer or regulator best suits your needs from:
- 1. Step down Voltage Converters : Made for electronic items that use 110 volts to Converts a 220 volts power source down to 110 volts.
- Step up Voltage Converters: Made for electronic items that use 220 volts to operate. Converts a 110 volts power source up to 220 volts to operate.
- Deluxe Voltage Converters : This performs both functions.
Made for 110 or 220 voltage electronic items.
Can both Step Down and Step Up and also will work as a Voltage Regulator simultaneously.
|Step down Voltage converters|