lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Help page answer a simple 4 question questionaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The voltage converters/transformers in this page will work in the following scenario: 110-120 Volts Items such as: TVs, DVds, VCRs, Radios,and lights,which consume less than 2000 watts,that are being taken abroad to use in a country that operates with 220-240 Volts.

Other appliances also considered in this category are: Laptops,phone chargers,hand mixers, blenders, irons, vaccums, coffee makers,Home Theathers, power tools,and other home appliances,as well as personal items such as hair clippers, Hair dryers and curling irons. Please do your homework before purchasing your voltage converter transformer by learning the wattage or amps consumption of your equipment in order to purchase the correct voltage converter for your needs . Take advantage of our Voltage Converter Help page designed to guide you to the voltage converters most suitable for your specific needs.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/tranformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.