lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Help page answer a simple 4 question questionaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

It is important to know that the converters mentioned in the gris above are designed to work for the following situation: 110-120 Volts electronic or electric Items such as: TVs, DVds, VCRs, Radios,and lights,of which power consumption does not exceed 1500 watts,intended to be used in a country with 220-240 Volts power supply.

Other electronic or electric equipment that also belong in this category are Laptops, phone chargers,hand mixers, blenders, irons, vaccums, coffee makers, and other home appliances,as well as personal items such as hair clippers, Hair dryers and curling irons. But before aquiring a voltage converter, be familiar with the power consumption of your item. This is a very important step in determining what it's the right voltage converter you need to purchase. Please use our Voltage Converter Help page to find the answers to your specific case.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/tranformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.