Finding the correct voltage converter transformers for your electronic and electric items that cansume 750 watts or less

Quantity Discounts

What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The voltage converters you see are designed to work with 110-120 Volts (USA & CANADA) like: TVs, DVD players, Radios,and lights,with wattage consumption varying between 0-750 watts, which need to be used in a country where the power supply it’s 220-240 Volts (EUROPE, ASIA, most countries in South America, & Africa .

Other types of equipment that will also fall in this category are Laptops, phone chargers,some kitchen appliances, such as blenders, mixers, rice cookers and some personal items such as shavers and curling irons and even hair dryers. Note that being familiar with power consumption of you appliance it’s imperative to determine what it’s most suitable voltage converter/transformer for you. Remember to use our Voltage Converter Finder to find what is the best voltage converter options for you.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.