lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The converters above can convert 220-240 Volt equipment originated from Asian, African,European or Middle Eastern countries, for example: Radios,lights, TVs, DVDs, and VCRs,, that consume between 0 - 800 watts in order to function, to work in countries with power source of 110-120 Volts such as North American and some Latin American countries.

Other pieces of equipment that can be categorized here are desktop computers,non-professional rated printers, camera and cellphone chargers, electric tooth brushes, portable DVD players,DVR's,Home theater systems, TV's,hair styling tools, and some small appliances such as Blenders, and hand mixers. It's important to get the power consumption of the item you are trying to use in a different country, before purchasing your voltage converter/transformer. This information it's key to determine what it's the best voltage converter your specific situation. For more questions and information go to our Voltage Converter Finder

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.