Finding the correct voltage converter transformer for your electronic and electric items that consume 500 watts or less

Quantity Discounts

What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The converters you find listed on the grid above all posses the step up feature in common, which converters 220-240 Volt items (220 volts American it’s not included in this category ) just as electronic/electric items such as Radios,lights, TVs, DVDs, and VCRs,of which wattage consumption does not exceed 500 watts,to function in countries with power source of 110-120 Volts.

Other items can be acknowledges in this category as well. desktop computers,non-professional rated printers, camera and cellphone chargers, electric tooth brushes, portable DVD players,DVRs,Home theater systems, TV’s,hair styling tools, and some small appliances. Prior to the purchase of a voltage converter, It’s important to learn the power consumption of the equipment you are trying to use in a different country. That information it’s crucial in determining what it’s the best voltage converter to fulfill your needs. Please visit our Voltage Converter Finder for assistance.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.