lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment?( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with my equipment? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

In this specific case scenario, the Voltage converters shown on the table above, will work for 110-120 Volts electronic equipment like :Radios,lights, TVs, DVDs, and VCR s, with wattage/amps consumption (power) varying between 0 and 300 watts, that are going to be used in a country with 220-240 Volts power supply (EUROPE, ASIA, South America, & Africa) .

Other equipment that can also fit in this category of electronic items are small home appliances,Laptops,portable DVD players,cellphone and camera chargers, personal travel items like curling irons and hair clippers. being acquainted with the power consumption of you electronic item it's mandatory in determining what it's the best voltage converter/transformer for your needs. Don't forget to use our Voltage Converter Finder to find out what is the best voltage converter for you.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter/transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.