lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The voltage converters described above will allow 110-120 Volts equipment, for example personal care Items such as hair dryers, curling Irons, and shavers,that consume between 0-4000 watts, to operate in a country with power source of 220-240 Volts

Other equipment that fall into this category are Laptops,cellphone chargers,hand mixers, blenders, irons, vacuums, coffee makers,home theater systems,power tools,and other home appliances,Professional equipment,hair clippers, Hair dryers, curling irons and other personal equipment. Don't forget to figure out power consumption of the item you intent to use with the voltage converter/transformer. That information will determine what is the right voltage converter for you. For any additional questions visit our Voltage Converter Finder that was designed to guide you to the voltage converters that will better suit your needs.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.