lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Help page answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The voltage converter/transformers indicated above, are step up converters. This feature enables 220-240 Volt Items (foreign single phase electricity) like: hair dryers, curling Irons, and shavers,that consume 2000 watts or less, to be used in countries with 110-120 Volts power supply.

Other equipment that could also be included to this category are desktop and laptop computers,camera and cellphone chargers, electric tooth brush, other personal care items such as Hair clippers,curling and flat irons,DVD players, TV's, DVDs, Home theater and Hifi systems, as well as some home appliances like blenders, mixers. Knowing the wattage consumption of your equipment (usually displayed in watts or amps) it's crucial for determining if a converter will be suited for your needs.Please make sure to check the power consumption or your item before start looking for a voltage converter. Our Voltage Converter Help page it's also a amazing tool that will help you to find the answers on voltage converter/transformers.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.