lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Finder answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The Voltage converters transformers that were selected in this case, will work for 110-120 Volts electronic equipment such as:Radios,lights, TVs, & DVD's, with power consumption (watts/amps) varying between 0 and 200 watts, which intend to be used in a country with 220-240 Volts power supply.

Different items that can also fall in this category selection are small home appliances,Laptops,cellphone chargers, personal travel items like curling irons and beard shavers. Keep in mind that knowing the power consumption of you equipment it's very important in determining what it's the appropriate voltage converter/transformer for your specific needs. Please use our Voltage Converter Finder to find the answers to your specific case.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter/transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.