lock icon  Login

(0 item) - $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.


The following voltage converters will work for you What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Help page answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

In this case, the voltage converters/transformers mentioned above, are designed for 110-120 Volts electronic equipment such as: TVs, DVDs, VCR s, Radios,and lights,with wattage or amp (Amps X volts = Watts) consumption varying between 0-5000 watts, intended to be used in a country with power supply of 220-240 Volts (most European, Asian, African and South American countries).

Other equipment that can be considered in this category are Laptops, phone chargers,small and large kitchen appliances,such as Microwaves, refrigerators,freezers,blenders,food processors and personal care items such as shavers,and other hair styling tools. Note:knowing the wattage requirements of you equipment it's a very important step in determining which voltage converter/transformer is the right one for you.For additional help, use our Voltage Converter Help page to find the answers to your specific situation.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.