Region Code Free
Region Free or Code free
- The term “region free” or "Code free" refers to a DVD player which can be play any DVD from anywhere in the world
- Plays RCE/REA encoded movies also!
- DVD movie encoded with region codes 0 thru 6 and 7, 8, 9
- Automatically plays all region or Easy selection of regions from Remote Control
DVD Region Codes
There are nine (9) television broadcasting regions for which the digital video disc (DVD) was developed.
Region 1 - USA and Canada
Region 2 - Europe, Japan, the Middle East, North Africa, Egypt, and South Africa
Region 3 - Taiwan, The Philippines, Korea, Indonesia, Hong Kong
Region 4 - Mexico, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, and the Caribbean
Region 5 - Russia, Eastern Europe, India, North Korea, and East and West Africa
Region 6 - China.
Region 7 - Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
Region 8 - Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
Region 0 or 9 - REGION ALL, Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide
Guaranteed to play all old, current, and future DVD movies including DVDs
Built-In Video Converter
- Plays any PAL or NTSC DVD movies!
- The player is totally guaranteed to play ANY DVD from ANY Region on any TV in the World!
- Limitless possibilities: Play PAL on PAL TV or NTSC on PAL TV, and even NTSC on NTSC TV or PAL on NTSC TV
This unit has a built-in video converter so you can play any DVD or CD on any TV in the world.
Pioneer DVD Player TV type setup
- Plug Unit in
- Make sure there is no disc in the unit
Setting the TV System
The default setting of this player is AUTO, and unless you notice that the pictures is distorted when playing some disc, you should leave it set to AUTO. If you experience picture distortion with some discs, set the TV system to match your TV system.
- If the unit is on press the STANDBY/ON to switch it to standby mode.
- Using the front panel controls, HOLD DOWN track forward the press the STANDBY/ON to switch the TV system. The TV system changes as follows:
The player’s display shows “Welcome Pioneer”, and then indicates the new setting.
Note! NTSC IS FOR AMERICAN TV TYPE!!!! If this unit is is not dual voltage you will need a voltage converter 110v to 220v