Finding the correct voltage converter transformers for your electronic and electric items that cansume 800 watts or less

What you need to know about selecting voltage converters

When traveling overseas you should be asking yourself the following:
How do I select the correct voltage converter/transformer for my equipment? ( Step down or step up) How many watts/amps do I need for my converter to work with the equipment I have? Should I purchase a voltage converter/transformer that is more powerful than my equipment?If so, how much more power (watts/amps) should my converter be able to handle? Because these questions should be on your mind when planing a trip overseas, 110220 volts has created a tool that will help you answer these questions. Go to our Voltage Converter Help page answer a simple 4 question questionnaire about your equipment, and get a list of what are the voltage converter/transformers that will work for your specific needs.

The voltage converter/transformers listed in this page are designed for the step up feature, which allows 220-240 Volt (Europe, Asian,African and most South American countries) personal care Items like: hair dryers, curling Irons, and shavers, that consume 300 watts or less to be used in countries with power supply 110-120 Volts (All North American countries, and some Central and South American countries).

Other appliances that will fit in this category as well. Laptop,computers,camera and cellphone chargers, electric tooth brush, and hair styling tools,portable DVD players, and small kitchen appliances Please make sure to familiarize yourself with the power consumption of your item (usually displayed in watts or amps)That information will determine what will be the voltage converter most suitable for your needs. If you have any more questions about how to pick your converter use our Voltage Converter Help page for assistance, it’s easy and it will give you exactly what you need.

Note: voltage converters should NEVER be used at 100% capacity. Please make sure to calculate a 30% slack for you converter to work with for non-motorized equipment, and 100% slack for motorized equipment. Example: a laptop (non-motorized equipment) that consumes 70 watts to work needs a 100 watt converter/transformer (30% Slack). While a small shaver (motorized) that consumes 50 watts also needs a 100 watt converter.transformer(100% slack) to be able to operate properly.