- Modified for all region (Regions 1-6) playback
- Lifetime warranty on our modifications: We totally stand behind the DVD players we sell. We guarantee that your code free player will play any region DVD from any country in the World. If your DVD player ever becomes defective we will fix it for free!
- Guaranteed to play all old, current and future DVD movies including DVDs that are RCE coded
- PAL/NTSC Playback of DVD/VCD
- To play PAL movies you need a PAL TV or a Video converter
- World Wide Power Supply: 110-240 volts 50-60 hertz
- Advanced Progressive Scan (NTSC/PAL)
- Playable Disc TypeCompatible Media Formats: DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM/DVD-R, CD, CD-R/RW, Video CD, JPEG, MP3, WMA
- High Output Power: Home Theater Mode Total Power Output of 700W*
- Super Slim single DVD/CD player
- Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Dolby Pro Logic II provides multi-channel sound with regular 2-channel sources as well as with Dolby Surround encoded sources. While Dolby Pro Logic reproduces monaural 100Hz-7kHz rear surround channel, Dolby Surround Pro Logic II reproduces two stereo 20Hz-20kHz rear channels.
- 2-Way, 2-Speaker Bass-Reflex Front and Surround Speakers
- Tall-boy Speakers with Detachable Stands
- Digital Input*
- An included digital optical input on the unit allows for multi-channel satellite broadcasting capability.
- DVD-Audio/Video Playback
- The SC-HT885 can play back DVD-Audio discs. DVD-Audio delivers a full-range, multi-channel sound field more impressive than any current music format. Many of our receivers are equipped with an amplifier that can faithfully reproduce the wide frequency range, outstanding S/N ratio, and 5-channel surround sound of DVD-Audio.DVD-Audio offers much more than standard CDs, including:
- Exciting multi-channel capabilities with 96kHz/24-bit resolution for realistic and spacious audio reproduction that gives the feeling of"being there" on stage at a musical performance.
- Spectacular 2-channel sound quality with up to 24-bit quantization and 192kHz sampling for extremely high resolution and an extraordinary dynamic range (up to 144db). Because of the high storage capacity of DVD-Audio discs, they can also contain a wide range of graphic data such as artist biographies, music information, still images, full motion video, and even web site links for an enhanced audio experience.
- Built-in DTS/Dolby Digital Decoders
- Modern audio/video formats such as CDs, DVDs and laserdiscs often utilize Dolby Digital or DTS -- discrete digital multi-channel surround sound formats. With these formats, each of the five main sound channels (front left, center, front right, surround right, surround left) can cover the entire frequency spectrum from 20Hz to 20kHz. A separate low frequency effects (LFE) channel is devoted to bass effects, bringing the total to six channels (although this arrangement is often referred to as"5.1 channel surround sound"). This system is equipped with built-in dts and Dolby Digital decoders that let you experience the 5.1 channel digital soundtrack encoded on a DVD or laserdisc, producing a remarkably natural sense of ambience and dynamic realism.
- Advanced Progressive Scan Video for PAL and NTSC
- Progressive scanning (480P) is a method of creating a high-density video signal that doubles the scan lines of a conventional interlaced signal (480I) to create a noticeably sharp picture. Progressive scanning requires only one 1/60th of a second pass as it scans all 525 horizontal lines at once (480 displayed), thus doubling the scan lines of interlaced signals for higher playback density. As a result, progressive scanning offers high picture resolution and eliminates bothersome motion artifacts ? the jagged edges on moving objects that are typical of a converted interlaced signal.
- The heart of Progressive Scan's advancement in picture quality is a high-density one-chip LSI (large-scale integrated circuit) that performs the critical progressive signal processing tasks with high precision. The progressive-scan DVD-Video player recognizes the differences between film and video source material and adjusts its processing accordingly. The natural quality of film is preserved, while special filtering and intelligent edge enhancement produce video source images with natural motion and minimized flicker.
- To make movies look more true to life, the SC-HT1 converts the recorded luminance and color difference signals from 8 to 10 bits, andup samples the color signal data. The unit doubles the 6.75 MHz frequency of the two color signals (PB and PR) to match the 13.5 MHz frequency of the luminance, or brightness, signal. This balanced 4:4:4 signal delivers striking colors along with an extremely accurate luminance level, for high resolution and minimal picture noise.
- 54 MHz/10-bit Video Digital-to-Analog Converter
- A D/A converter using 54MHz over sampling helps bring out the stunning beautiful picture quality of the DVD player models equipped with progressive scanning capability. By processing the DVD video signal at 4 times the original 13.5MHz rate, this technology provides vivid and finely textured image reproduction. To provide a magnificent picture, the recorded 8-bit DVD image data receives 10-bit processing for faithful reproduction that extends to delicate signal details.
- Component Video Out
- A picture-enhancing advancement in DVD-Video technology. It keeps the black and white, red, and blue signals of the video image intact (and separate) during transmission, to maintain incredibly high picture quality. Component video connections offer outstanding image quality -- better than S-video or composite video connections. Use this method to connect Panasonic home theater systems to a compatible TV for a clear, vibrant image.
- Magnetically Shielded Speakers
- Speakers contain large magnets that can interfere with your TV's picture if placed too close to the screen. Magnetic shielding lets you put your speakers close to your TV without affecting the image -- essential for home theater use.
- ENERGY STAR? Compliant for Low Energy Consumption
- FM/AM Digital Synthesizer Tuner
- Cinema Mode for DVD Playback
- Cinema mode combines brightness control with picture noise canceling to provide better picture quality in
Panasonic SC-HT885W Wireless Code Free Home Theater Dual Voltage VersionA full home theater system with in one package, the new SC-HT885 is packaged with what may be the world's slimmest DVD/CD player, continuing the trend of thin and flat A/V components. On the video side, the DVD player features component outputs and progressive scanning. When connected to a digital-ready television with component inputs, progressive scanning offers viewers the very best DVD picture possible.The SC-HT885 comes with five detachable, Tall Boy surround speakers with an active subwoofer for a true home theater feel. An included digital optical input on the unit allows for multi-channel satellite broadcasting capability.
Region Code: ALL, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 Playback
Power: 100-110-220-240 Volts 50/60 HZ (for WORLDWIDE use)