Who, What, When, and Where “110220volts”


We strive to give you the best online shopping experience possible in our specialty market of Travel Plug adapters and Voltage Converters that allow you to use your electronics overseas

Also Multisystem LCD TV’s (Multi-system Plasma. LED, 3D TV) Will play any signal PAL and NTSC video and are both 110v 60HZ and 220v 50HZ Compatible so they will work any were in the world

Region Code free DVD players with PAL to NTSC (NTSC to PAL) Converters. Will work all over the world and play any DVD form any country because they are 110v 60hz and 220v 50hz compatible and region free. All regions 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

Finally, we also carry Video System converters that can Change PAL video format to NTSC video format. For people you need to watch the old videos form overseas in the USA or want to take some US tapes to Overseas. PAL and NTSC compatibility with converter function so you can even take a USA TV overseas to be used with the PAL system their.


Voltage Converters, Voltage Transformers, Step Up and Down voltage converter transformers, multisystem LCD plasma and LED TV’S, 110v to 220 volts consumer electronics


One thing that is unique about our company is that by answer four simple questions you can find out which converters will work for your equipment, simply, quickly, and ONLINE.

“If you need assistance in determining which converter/transformer is right for you, please visit our Voltage Converter Help Page and answer the four questions provided. The answers you supply will guide you to the products available & best meet your needs.

LINK Voltage converter finder


Was opened in 2001, as a strictly online business, and in 2002 we opened our fist Retail store front in Skokie, IL which after two years we closed down to expand to a larger location in Glendale heights IL

In 2006 we opened our Canadian Location to ship our products to that market.


We have two office one in the USA and one CANADA

USA is at 172 N Brandon Dr. Glendale Heights, IL 60139, and the CANADA is at Vancouver, BC V63 2P4

8 Common Questions Answered about Voltage Converters

Ten years ago, voltage converters were a curiosity. In a sense, it was mind-boggling to think that we had mastered our universe to the degree that electricity could be converted to our requirements. Overall, though, voltage converters weren’t part of the daily lives of many. Nowadays, with the democratization of consumer electronics thanks to the Internet as well as increasing international travel, voltage converters are a common and necessary fact of life for many. Today we check out answers to 8 of the most common questions that people have about voltage converters.

1. How do I know which voltage converter to buy?
This will depend on the country that your appliance was manufactured in, the country in which you are using it, and its wattage or amperage. If you live in a country with 110V mains power and are buying from a country with 220V or 240V mains power, you’ll need a step down voltage converter. If you live in a country with 220V or 240V power and are buying from a 110V country, you’ll need a step-up voltage converter.

2. How do I know the wattage of my appliance?
You’ll also need to know the wattage of your appliance to buy the correct voltage converter, which you can usually discover by finding the little sticker or engraved information on it. Choose a voltage converter that is rated for slightly higher wattage than your appliance to ensure good performance.

3. Are there different requirements for TVs?
Yes. If you want to use a voltage converter with your TV, you’ll need a deluxe automatic voltage regulator rated for around 20% higher wattage than your set, because they create a power surge when they are turned on.

4. My American dryer is 220V, do I need a voltage converter to use it in Europe?
American dryers are usually 2-phase 100V power, compared to the single-phase 200V power in Europe.

5. Can I plug a powerboard into a voltage converter?
You can, but your voltage converter will need to be rated high enough to handle all of the appliances that will be plugged into the power board.

6. Do I need a voltage converter or a voltage regulator?
That depends on your appliance; a voltage regulator does the same job as a converter, but also stabilizes the current to plus or minus 4% of the voltage standard. In real life, while countries are said to run on 110V or 220V power, it can actually vary between 75V and 130V for 110V countries, and 180V to 260V in 200v countries.

7. I want to use the voltage converter in a country with different plug pin shapes, what should I do?
Easy! Just put a plug adapter on top of your voltage converter.

8. Do I need to convert the cycle (Hz)?
American power runs at around 60Hz, many foreign countries run at 50Hz. This will affect any appliances with motors (which will run more slowly), as well as clocks, which won’t keep correct time.

Voltage converters are simple devices that are essential in our complex world!

To learn more about subjects like Voltage Converters please visit the web site at: Voltage converter step up and down

Electricity in Asia

If you are planning a trip to Asia, you should know that electric appliances operate differently there. If you go to a country in Asia, such as China, Taiwan, or Korea, you will need a voltage converter/transformer in order for them to function, unless they are dual-voltage. This is due to the voltage used in Asia. In the United States, 110V is used, while in Asia 220V is used. Do you need help figuring out what kind of converter or transformer to purchase for your trip? This is the place to be for all your voltage converter needs!

Before you leave for Asia, you should find out if your appliances are dual-voltage or not. In order to do this, inspect your appliances and look for the voltage rating. If the rating indicates 110V-220V or something similar, then you’re in luck; this rating means that your appliance is dual-voltage, and you do not need to purchase a voltage converter. Most battery-charged items, such as laptop computers and digital cameras, are dual-voltage. However, there are some appliances that you may find only indicate 110V or 120V. You will need a voltage converter in this case, because these appliances are only single-volt.

If you determine that you must buy a voltage converter for some of your appliances, you must find the wattage rating by either looking for a printed indication on your appliances, or calculating it by multiplying amps x voltage. After this, pick out your voltage converter based on the appliance’s wattage. For best results, choose a converter that has a rating that is approximately 25% higher than the rating indicated on your appliance. This will ensure your converter will not burn out after prolonged use. Lastly, make sure you have a plug adapter, because outlets in Europe are also shaped differently!

Using Appliances Safely While Abroad, Europe, like Portugal, France, Germany or Ukraine

Have you ever wanted to travel to a country in Europe, like Portugal, France, Germany or Ukraine? If so, you should be aware of some important differences that you’ll be facing while there. One of these is the fact that European electricity uses a higher voltage than in the United States or Central and South America. Europe uses 220V, and the Americas use 110V. You may be wondering how this will affect you.. Well, while you are in Europe, you may want to use an electrical appliance such as a hair drier, which you brought from the United States. However, it is unsafe and pointless to try to do so without a voltage converter! Without it, your hair drier will not only be non-functional, but you may also start a fire when you try to plug it in.

Some electrical devices do not need a converter. These are called dual-voltage appliances, and you can find out which of your items are dual-voltage by finding the voltage rating. If it says something like 110V-220V, then it is dual-voltage. However, many devices may need a converter. These are called single-voltage appliances, and the voltage for these will read something like 110V.

If you have some single-voltage electronics you want to bring with you, the next step is to find the wattage of these things. You can find the wattage by multiplying the voltage by the amps. The wattage may also be written on the appliance. Once you have the number, find a voltage converter that has a 25% higher wattage rating than the appliance. This will ensure that you will elicit many uses out of your converter.

For both dual- and single-voltage appliances, you may need a plug adapter. This is because your American electrical plugs will not fit into European wall sockets without one.


Useful Links

Travel Plug Adapters

Voltage Converters

Necessary Accessories to European Vacations

You may have heard stories about people traveling to Europe and having trouble with the electrical outlets. But do you know why these problems occur, and how to avoid them if you should ever plan a trip to England, Spain, France or Denmark? Well, the electricity and electrical products work differently in Europe. They use 220V, while in the United States, as well as Central and South America, 110V is used. This means that if you bring an electrical device to Europe with you, and try to plug it in, you will not be able to, but your attempts might even start a fire. So it is important to buy a volt converter or transformer to avoid these problems.

Some things do not need a volt converter/transformer. Rechargeable devices like digital cameras and laptop computers are often dual-volt. You can use dual-volt electronics in Europe without a converter. Examine your items to find out if they are dual-volt. If it reads 110V-220V, it is dual-volt. On the other hand, if it only reads 110V, it is a single-volt, and you need a converter for it.

After finding all your belongings that are single-volt, deduce the wattage of these by multiplying the voltage by the amp. However, the wattage may be indicated on the appliances themselves. After you know the wattage, you must purchase a converter. It is recommended that you buy one that has a 25% higher wattage rating than the appliance. You will get more usages out of the converter this way.

Lastly, buy a plug adapter. All appliances need a plug adapter in order to fit into the European wall sockets!

If you happen to forget to buy or pack your voltage converters before you traveled to Europe, there is no need to worry. You can buy voltage converters, transformers, and plug adapters at Overseas Best Buy